Skip to content
Sanitizing Before the Holidays
- Many people mean many germs: When hosting for the holidays, there can be a lot of people in the house. To avoid illnesses spreading from all of the germs, it is important to wipe down surfaces. Take a disinfecting wipe and clean the doorknobs, handles, faucet, toilet, TV remotes, etc. Anything that your guests touch should be cleaned!
- Clean before sanitizing: Before sanitizing and wiping down surfaces, it is crucial to clean the surface first. It will not be as effective to sanitize a dirty surface. Therefore, scrub off any pieces of food or dirt and then sanitize the area!
- Checklists are key: Having a checklist of items you want to clean during the holiday season is super helpful. It can be stressful to think of all the tasks that need to be done to keep the house in order. Therefore, having an organized list with a timeline of when everything will get done will save you a lot of time and headaches.
- Don’t procrastinate: You do not need to carve out a whole day to clean your house, dedicate a few hours every day or week to get the job done. A little bit of cleaning every day will go a long way!
- Family effort: Get the whole family to help out to clean the house. Make it fun by having music in the background and assigning different tasks to each family member.
- If you do not want to do this all yourself, call Maid To Clean! Maid to Clean is a premium green cleaning in the Northern Virginia and Washington, DC area. Call today to book your cleaning appointment: (703) 299-0101