At Maid to Clean, eco-friendly practices aren’t just a fad, they are how we’ve done business since 1996. We believe in operating in an environmentally responsible way and use cleaning methods and products that are safe for our clients, their families, their pets, and the planet.
Here are just a few ways that we make a difference:
- Since 2010, our office has run on solar power generated by on-site solar panels.
- To help support our local ecosystem, we raise bees at our office and the nearby Franciscan Monastery. Bee pollination increases crop yields and helps local plants and trees reproduce and thrive.
- We schedule cleanings by region, allowing us to serve several clients in one day without extensive traveling. This reduces emissions and fuel consumption.
- We reduce, reuse, and recycle in every way we can, from reusing and recycling printer paper to using refillable spray bottles and washable cleaning cloths. We do not use disposable cleaning items such as paper towels, wipes, or one-time-use bottles of cleaning solution.
- Natural cleaning products such as vinegar and baking soda are used as much as possible. We do not believe in using harsh chemicals and strong fragrances in our clients’ homes.
- All vacuums are equipped with HEPA filters to trap dust and allergens and keep air fresh and healthy.
For more information on our green practices and cleaning methods, give us a call at 703.299.0101.