So, you’ve signed up for regular visits from maid service. You’ve made the smart choice! Congratulations on saving yourself time, headaches and stress. But, what if you’re the type that tends to pick up between visits? Maybe you just have a full house — children, guests, and/or pets — and could use some ideas to keep things tidy between your bi-weekly, weekly, or monthly visits from our team.
Never fear! We have a few tips to help you keep things in order, so you can relax and our team can prioritize the deep cleaning you want for your home when we visit. Read on for six ways to keep your home in tip top shape. Even better? These green cleaning tips are environmentally safe and healthy for your home.
Six Quick and Easy Green Cleaning Tips
- Keep a fresh pair of rubber gloves and a sticky lint roller in your home. Why? You can use rubber gloves to easily pick up hair or lint off your couch and other surfaces. If you have pets, you’ll be amazed! Then follow up with the lint roller to pick up crumbs, glitter, bits of paper, or other small hard-to-get pieces off chairs, coffee tables, and more.
- Accidentally break a glass? It can be super hard to feel confident that you’ve gotten all of the tiny shards off the hardwood, tile, or linoleum floor. Know what works for that? We suggest that you use a balled up piece of bread. Pressing the bread over the shards will get even the smallest slivers off your floor — and keep your feet safe.
- Need to quickly take finger prints, smudges, or dust off a television screen? Try using a coffee filter. The filters can be safely used to pick up dust and grime off your home entertainment system without marring the surfaces and delicate screen. It’s a great way to prepare for guests after the kids have spent some time playing video games.
- Cooking? Try using a lemon on your cutting board to make it smell better. Just rub a cut lemon on the board, and leave it to sit for about 15-20 minutes. Also, did you know you can use rice in your coffee grinder to clean it? Just grind a little rice to pick up leftover coffee grinds and oils.
- What’s the best way of all to keep things clean between visits? This tip is all about prevention. We recommend that you avoid eating in rooms you want to keep tidy. That means the living room and bedrooms should mostly be off limits when you’re snacking. Stray crumbs, drips, and spills are the top cause of mess-making between visits.
- Finally, we recommend that the easiest way to keep things tidy is to spend just five minutes each day picking up. It’s really simple, if you decide to make it a habit. Even better if you can get your whole family in on the act at the same time. Simply spend five minutes clearing off coffee and end tables, hanging up coats and putting away shoes, and throwing things out. Those five minutes can make a huge difference in the way you feel about your home!
Now that you know what to do between visits, here’s what you want to know about regular visits from our team.
Regular Maid Service Appointments
We offer bi-weekly, weekly, and monthly appointments to keep your home in tip top shape. (You can learn more about our rates and services here.) If you haven’t yet had a visit from our team, you’ll want to first book an initial deep cleaning service.
Did you know? We also offer one-time cleaning services, as well as options for move-in or move-out cleaning service, commercial cleaning, construction cleanup, and ‘for sale’ cleaning service.
Interested to learn more about green cleaning services? We invite you check out our website and then give us a call. As your home cleaning service in Washington D.C., Alexandria, and Arlington VA, we are close to home and ready to help. What are you waiting for?