Maybe it’s a question that’s been in the back of your mind for a while now, or maybe it’s something you just started thinking about while scrubbing the bathroom floor last week. Either way, many people have the question: when is the right time to hire a home cleaning service?
As life seems to get busier and the days only seem to get shorter, it can be difficult to fit everything in to a mere 24 hour day. Add to that the dingy windows, dusty shelves, and grimy bathtub you still haven’t gotten around to tackling, and life can feel downright overwhelming.
So, when is it the right time to hire a home cleaning service? Here are some key life events that may signal it’s time to turn the sweeping and mopping over to the professionals, even if it’s just for the short-term.
Hiring a home cleaning service can help ease transitions of major life events
- Selling a home, buying a home, moving. First of all, congratulations! But don’t let the burden of cleaning add to the stress you’re already carrying with a major move. A home cleaning service can take care of the move in/move out cleaning details and make sure your space is ready for the next step.
- Starting a new job. Along with a new position comes new responsibilities. This can be a stressful time as you adapt to a new work load, new routine, and new expectations. Your focus and energy can be freed up for other things by letting someone else take care of the cleaning at home.
- Birth, adoption, adding to your family. Any new mother or father will tell you what a joy (and what a life change!) it is to bring a new baby home. The event of adding members to your family is a major life change, even if it’s bringing your aging parents into your home to live with you. Each new member of the household will add to the dynamic and routine of the entire family, so it’s natural that daily or weekly chores may slide down the list of priorities for a time. If you’d like the extra cleaning help during these important transitions, home cleaning services can be contracted for as short — or as long — as you’d like.
- Illness, disease, injury, death. Unfortunately, these events are a natural part of life. While some illnesses are short-lived, other health challenges can have major implications on your ability to maintain your home and lifestyle. Cancer, chemotherapy treatment, car accidents, chronic conditions, rehabilitation, and many other occurrences will naturally take the front seat as you make big decisions and move through life’s changes. Cleaning doesn’t have to be an additional stressor during these times.
- Natural disasters, man-made accidents. A professional home cleaning service will work with you to restore your home to its pre-event state, as much as possible. In the event of a flood or other disaster that occurs in your home, don’t try to go it alone. A professional service with have the extra resources and equipment to take care of the mess in a timely manner.
- Retirement. Another one of life’s much anticipated events is the transition from full-time work to join the ranks of retired persons. And while you’ll most likely find you have more time on your hands for organizing, puttering, crafting, or enjoying hobbies, you may not necessarily wish to spend that time on cleaning. Cleaning services can be contracted for as little as a once-a-month visit, or more frequently, such as every week. The decision is yours!
When life’s major events happen in your home, Maid to Clean is here to see you through the transitions. We love to make our customers happy and will work with you to determine the best fit for your home cleaning service. Visit our website to learn more about what makes our approach to green cleaning so unique. We look forward to helping!